DeltAlert Emergency Notification System Now in Place!
Calhoun County has implemented a new program to notify you of emergency notivications and severe weather warnings or ay other situation that could impact the safety, property, aor welfare of our citizens.
This system can deliver messges in a variety of formats, including: Voice, Call, TDD/.TTY, text and email.
It is our intention and hope that every residence and commercial facility in Calhoun County be included in the notification database. We have attempted to capture all of the data from the previous provider and place in the new database. Please assist us in making sure we have not missed anyone by clicking on the link below to sign up.
Emergency Medical Services
Have you recently used the Emergency Services? If so click here to complete a brief satisfaction survey.
The Emergency Medical Service Coordinator oversees operations for all six (6) Calhoun County ambulance services.
- Ensures communication and implementation of uniform protocols between the ambulance directors, ambulance services, hospitals, Iowa EMS Association, dispatch center, media and the physician medical directors.
- Responsible for fiscal management and accountability of grant funds.
- Assures the development, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures for ambulance service systems continuous quality improvement (CQI) initiatives.
- Oversees training of County Ambulance Personnel; Community First Aid, Automatic External Defibrillator (AED), Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Swimming pool employees.
- Community-based Safety Planning and Education
- Responds to ambulance call throughout Calhoun County
- Provides advanced life support to residents of Calhoun County
The Emergency Management Coordinator (EMC) is appointed by the Board of Supervisors to manage the Emergency Management Agency (EMA) as required by Iowa Code 29C.10, Iowa Administrative Rule 605. The EMC or designee is available 24 hours / 7 days to maintain communications with the State Office of Emergency Management and local key officials. When an emergency or disaster occurs, the Emergency Management Coordinator provides coordination and assistance to the governing officials of the municipalities and county.
- Linkages between regional, state and federal preparedness and response plans
- Child Safety Seat Inspections
- Homeland Security Requirements
- Outdoor Warning Sirens
For more information contact Program Manager Kerrie Hull.